Leaderboard
728x15

Below the Hill Gang; Foster Irregulars

Large Rectangle

A few nice 1950 fashion images I found:


Below the Hill Gang; Foster Irregulars
1950 fashion
Image by pabear26
Hitchhiked from Ft. Lee, Virginia (Petersburg) where I was attending Rigger School, which school terminated my attendance before graduation. I am wearing my paratroop wings on my chest. Also, buckle and button line on blouse lined up in a military fashion. I was a Private E-2 making 5 a month plus three hots and a cot a day. Allan served with Cav in Nam.

In background is number 841; the address where we lived on Thomas Road.
Look at the funky shoes on Allan, maybe tennis shoes, and I have on Corcoran jump boots, high shine.
Photograph by late Gordon W. Foster, who shot a wonderful picture: framing, he did not cut off head or feet.
Porch and steps need painting.
120 Circoflex developed in basement by Gordon W. Foster.

For audit trial for possible future artifact:

I was in 2d SF when I got off active duty.

When was this artifact painted on the courtyard? Ford Ord story has Ranger tab on Courtyard. Link Omitted.
One aspect of the Ord artifact, the ranger tab, is the award for completing ranger school, not being assigned to a ranger unit. WWII unit patch of Rangers, was different. My late Colonel Ray J. Glaze served in the 2d Ranger Battalion in WWII. He wore the 2d Ranger Patch on his right shoulder symbolizing his combat as a member of the 2d. Awarded The Distinguished Service Cross is the second highest military decoration that can be awarded to a member of the United States Army, Silver Star is the third highest, and also, Colonel Glaze was awarded the Purple Heart.
He died on a parachute jump with the 2d Special Forces Group, Headquarters & Headquarters Company (U.S. Army Reserve) at Clinton County, Ohio Air Force Base. So goes the war. Make it through WWII, but stateside gets you. c'est le vie. That's life.
•The Silver Star is the third highest military decoration that can be awarded to a member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces. It is also the third highest award given for (in the face of the enemy).
See following links for info about late Lt. Col. Ray J. Glaze:


www.arlingtoncemetery.net/usarmy1.htm
www.arlingtoncemetery.net/rjglaze.htm


Georgina Klitgaard
1950 fashion
Image by Smithsonian Institution
Description: Klitgaard standing outside holding a fork in her hand. Identification on verso (handwritten): Georgina Klitgaard.
Klitgaard, Georgina, 1893-1976

Creator/Photographer: Unidentified photographer

Medium: Black and white photographic print

Dimensions: 9 cm x 6 cm

Date: c. 1920

Persistent URL: www.aaa.si.edu/collections/images/detail/georgina-klitgaa...

Repository: Archives of American Art

Collection: Forbes Watson Papers, 1900-1950

Accession number: aaa_watsforb_3601


vintage vogue dress 2414
1950 fashion
Image by carbonated
I may try this style of bolero for that navy eyelet I have, sans pocket; I'll underline it with something lighter colored, though I'm not entirely sure how to deal with the facings/et cetera. If I opt for a white underlining, I'll be able to get away with a white woven fusible interfacing (I have some nice stuff from fashion sewing supply), so that may be what I end up doing.

Uhm, you know, when I suddenly discover there are like 47 hours in a day and I don't need sleep any more and I start cranking out projects like sugar cookies.

Banner