Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Latest Fashion images

Large Rectangle

Some cool latest fashion images:



Yorktown: Late Eighteenth Century Lady With Late Eighteenth Century Purse Gun: "Buzz Off, Jerk!"
latest fashion
Image by bill barber
But seriously, folks...she was demonstrating the way to load and fire a flintlock. Later she helped load and fire the cannon. The bayonet could be a lot more dangerous than the rifle shot.

I've decided to upload all my Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown photos in three large batches. In order to do this, I'm spending a few days on the post-processing (generally cropping, straightening and sharpening). Since I won't be up to comment to any great extent until Tuesday, please don't feel obligated to comment on my stream. It wouldn't be fair to expect your comments.

I'm uploading batches for a couple of reasons. First, Explores are nice, but my main reason for being on flickr is to set up an archives for my extensive families, my personal friends and anyone else who wants to use my submissions. I've got a lot of old family stuff on my photostream, and there's going to be a lot more old stuff going up over the next few months. Secondly, I want to keep putting up current stuff. Only then can I see how I'm progressing. In order to put up new stuff, I've got to clear out the old stuff.

Flickr is a great tool that can be used for a lot more than getting Explores, although I have to admit that I'll be the last guy to turn them down.

The Siege of Yorktown or Battle of Yorktown in 1781 was a decisive victory by a combined assault of American forces led by General George Washington and French forces led by General Comte de Rochambeau over a British Army commanded by General Lord Cornwallis. It proved to be the last major battle of the American Revolutionary War, as the surrender of Cornwallis’s army (the second of the war) prompted the British government to eventually negotiate an end to the conflict.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Yorktown

Banner