Leaderboard
728x15

Kids on the Promenade III

Large Rectangle

Some cool kids fashion images:


Kids on the Promenade III
kids fashion
Image by Crashworks
The Promenade isn't quite Harajuku, but they sure do try.


Me, Ready to Take the Bridge
kids fashion
Image by Christina Saint Marche
The duster did not go well in Calgary, regretfully. Two hundred pieces did not fly off the racks. Twenty-something crawled off the racks. One Sunday, I wear the duster to my salon in London. I'm closed Sundays and I usually don't dress on Sunday all too well. The ripped jeans look, stilettos and a t-shirt and a long coat to cover it all up. On the way from the coffee shop on the corner of Piccadilly, a young man stops me and asks "dude, where did you get the coat (British accent) ?" He's dressed in Goth and he has his cheek pierced. Great looking guy, "jail bate of course" of maybe 18 or 19, but the safety pin through the cheek has me wondering if I have lost my mind asking this kid fashion advice. I take out a pen and ask him where he shops for his clothes. I write some names on my paper cup. Two weeks later the remaining coats are hanging in a Goth shop in London and within three months they are completely sold through. Why did they sell in London and not in Calgary? I was told by the shop owner, who wanted me to make more (gently,I refused his kind offer), "it was because of the electric blue poka dotted liner." Go figure. PS. I never made another leather duster and never will. Lesson learned. One has to know one's marketplace. I got lucky on this one.

Banner